Got Solaris, EMC NetWorker, some time to burn and some non-production application servers you’re willing to test...
some software on? If you can tick all those boxes, EMC wants you … to alpha test a new version of its SnapImage.
The new version will include a swag of new features, including:
• Support for Solaris 9 and 10 (Solaris 10 Global Zone support only, nothing for Local Zones)
• Support for VxVM file systems larger than 2 TB in size
• UFS, VxFS, VxVM 4.1, 5.0, 5.1 support – but without support of ZFS or EFI luns for UFS
• VxDMP, EMC PowerPath 4.4 and above
• VCS 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, Sun Cluster 3.1, 3.2
• Support for Striped and Concat Mirror
EMC says the Alpha test will run from February 1st to March 2nd, and the software is planned for release in “Q2 2011”.
SnapImage is already in version 2.5 for Windows, making this a bit of a catch-up release.
What you see on day one at EMC
While we’re on EMC, check out this EMC Welcome Pack the company hands out to workers on their first day. There’s nothing revolutionary in it, although we do always have a chuckle when storage vendors’ documents marked “confidential” pop up in public places.
What is it they say about the shoemaker’s children?